Friday, February 20, 2009

Blogging for sanity

I have had an incredibly crazy week. My dad has been hospitalized this week with a brain tumor and I have been trying to keep up with as many people as I can over the phone and email.

If you are reading this blog you have to be at least a little bit familiar with the process of blogging. But I have been using a blog this week to keep more people informed than I thought possible. When my dad first was diagnosed with the tumor this week, I decided to just post notes on Facebook and let people know what was going on there, but not everyone I know has a Facebook page. So my next thought was to blog about it. It is allowing people to get information, send well wishes and keep up with the prognosis of my dad.

I think it is great when people email or text me asking me about my dad that I can send them to the blog. I find that it has saved me a lot of time this week to be able to send people a quick email letting them know that I have updated the blog and that I would appreciate them sending the ling to people they think would be interested.

Another thing I appreciate about blogging it is that it allows everyone to get the same information. In my opinion, it has helped cut down on the guesswork on what people hear and from keeping the story from not being told accurately.

Finally, I think it has been cathartic for me to be able to sit and update the days event of what is happening. I have had to sit and really process it to be able to post it on the blog.

Any of us can blog. We all know something valuable that we can share. Give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment